<Photobucket

Thursday, May 17, 2007

What I could live without

I found out today that there is an actual "pool" going down at my office, all competing for money, on the process and final outcome of American Idol. What the hell happened to betting on sports? You gotta be kidding me. It's all the buzz.
Pam was saying she is almost certain to win because she picked Jordan from the beginning. Yvonne says she is going to win because she had the top 6 correct.
I will jab a pen in my eye if someone else stops me in the hall and asks me if I think Sanjaya will get a record deal. I hate American Idol, but I'm not discriminating. I am fundamentally against reality tv as a whole. Life is interesting enough without having to watch someone else do non-sensical things and deal with the consequences. I watch myself do idiotic things every day. Why the heck would I want to see someone else doing them?
So I was thinking, there are some things the world can do without. I decided to start a list.
Maybe I will branch out and move to petition these things out of our lives forever.

Let's abolish
1. Reality TV
2. Soap Operas (sorry Nikki, I know you are emotionally attached to DOOL)
3. those God-forsaken stair climber machines at the gym (and all similar monstrosities)
4. fake nails
5. crocs
6. "Golden Corral" and all other buffet style family restaurants
7. neck ties
8. tofu
9. black lacquer furniture
10. cell phones (I realize this would put me on the bread line but I would gladly find another job to free the world of those obnoxious people who talk on the phone while they should be driving, ordering their food, being quiet in the book store, etc etc etc)

ok, so "The Office" just came on so I will rant later. This blogging thing really is therapeutic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, see, that was college me. Now I am emotionally attached to Grey's Anatomy.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Lyra said...

Black lacquer furniture ranks number 1 for me out of this list Mandy. Totally with you on that. And, I can say without a doubt that Jared would wholeheartedly agree with ridding the world of Golden Corrals! I'm so glad you're doing this now! I love it!

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm emotionally attached to Greys Anatomy too. Maybe I should have clarified by saying "daytime" soap operas. Yeah Lyra- I thought of Jared's Ryan Steakhouse career when I wrote that!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home