<Photobucket

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Freedom, Commitment, and Harry Potter

It's been a whirlwind few days! On Thursday after work, I hit the road for "home." Funny, I haven't lived in Greenville for 8 months and yet, I still consider it home. I spent the better part of the last 14 years there. I miss it. But it's my friends that I miss the most, including Alex and Kelly. It was a short visit but I got a few shots of their baby, already 6 months old!

Who can resist little baby feet?
Sweet Baby Josh


Friday, I made my way to the Lawyers office...that's right, my friends. The house is SOLD. I remember sitting in that same office a little over 3 years ago and feeling like I was signing my life away. This time, I can't tell you the freedom I felt as I let it go. I loved that house. But as Alex so lovingly reminded me, "the memories, you take with you." There are countless memories I will take from 725 Main St.

I was truly made alive in Greenville. Not just in a spiritual way. I learned so many things there; what it means to be a friend, who I am and who I am becoming, the freedom that is found in Christ and the joy that can be found in home. And even though my heart broke all over again as I pulled out of the driveway for the last time, I felt alive and free.

On Friday afternoon, I shot a wedding in Bath. Beth and Chris are beautiful people and I was amazed, once again, of the wonder it is when God brings people together and allows them to love and commit to serve one another in this life. I am truly blessed that I actually get paid to witness such an event.


My favorite images from the wedding...

The flower girl, Lydia, was the entertainment for the evening!

That kid can dance!

Congratulations Chris and Beth Norman


After the wedding Friday night, I headed back to Greenville and stood in line with my obsessive friends for the long awaited release of the new Harry Potter book. It was interesting, to say the least! I got a little education on the series and my interest was peaked enough to start reading them.

Well at least I will have something to read while in hotels. Oh yes, I'm on another hotel stint. I am writing from South Florida at the moment! I'll return home on Wednesday for a few days then fly to Atlantic City. Oh the joy of having a job.

We have so many things to be thankful for, my friends. For freedom, commitment and of course, Harry Potter.







9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look girl, be careful of those Harry Potter books. They will overcome you, and you will forget very useful things for everyday living. Like eating. And possibly showering and going to the bathroom. But forge on, I say!

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked them out from the library, but can't start reading until this next weekend after my summer class final this Thursday. I wonder if I'll even want to read after this class?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Lyra said...

I've been thinking about you all day, Mandy, wondering how everything went this weekend. I didn't even realize you are in Florida! The pics are AWESOME, as I knew they would be. And, I love the way you write. Your description of what Greenville has meant in your life is so rich. I miss you!!!!!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy -- I had no idea what a genius photographer you were! I was so moved by all the pics! Wanna come to DC and shoot the May family -- we ain't all perdy but we likes to smile big!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

You girls are great! I am still sucked into HP. Awe-some.
and thanks Holly! I would love to come up and take the May family photos!

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so totally serious about the photos... come on up and we will do it! Then you can hang out with us and do the town!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Holly- I'm ALWAYS up for a road trip. I am slam packed til around October though. We can try to plan on it in the fall! I want to go to the Spy Museum!

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! Let's do that. Outdoor fall leaves pics for me!!!!!!!!!! And that gives me more time to lose this gosh darned weight --

5:42 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

YES Holly! We'll plan on it. But can we just forget about losing the gosh darn weight? uuggghhh.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home