<Photobucket

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Weak-Knees, Heart-Racing, Shallow-Breath, Hot HOT Guys

I have always been rather fond of hot guys.
I mean, I AM a woman.

But as I strolled out of the movie theatre all weak and breathy after watching The Bourne Ultimatum the other day, I wondered what exactly makes a guy hot.
Hmmm.

And I think I figured it out.

It's not all about looks, of course.

I mean, Nicolas Cage was hot in Face/Off and The Rock, but generally, he's not extremely attractive. And I don't mean to generalize, because I cannot speak for all women, but when I think about characters that make me leave the movie willing to give a lung for one night ironing their tight jeans, it's something deeper but shallow nonetheless. It's the intellect, the confidence and strength. (and the tight jeans don't hurt)

Every girl has the rescue fantasy. The knight in shining whatever. We want a man willing to kill or die for us. I admit that.

(And ok, to you married women reading this- I know this is all ridiculous and Christ is my rescuer, and men are not meant to fulfill all our security needs, etc...so please spare me the comments or emails about me having unrealistic expectations.)

I know the truth. I don't ever expect to marry Indiana Jones or 007.
At this point, I don't expect to marry anyone actually. So let me have the fantasy, mkay?!

So I decided to make a list. (Yeah, I have OCD and I love lists. You know this.)

Here is my list of the Top 10 Hottest Guys in Movies these days-

1. Colin Firth
as in the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones' Diary.
I would give a lung AND a kidney to hear his accent for an hour.
He's British. He's the strong, silent type and he looks great in jeans. What's not to love?

2. Josh Lucas
as in Sweet Home Alabama.
I know it's camera magic making his eyes look that blue but mmmm. mmm.

3. Matthew McConaughey
as in A Time to Kill.
Remember that ladder scene with the sweaty, ripped t-shirt? Women everywhere just gave a collective "uhh huuuhh."

4. Matt Damon
as in The Bourne trilogy and Good Will Hunting.
He looks so normal...but on the flip side, he can just kick ass. On top of that, he speaks all kinds of languages and is just freakin smart. That's so hot.

5.
Brad Pitt
as in Seven and Fight Club.
So I said it wasn't all about looks, but in this case, it is

6. Jason Statham
as in The Transporter.
So his movies mostly suck, but I watch them anyway. He has an accent, amazing...um, calisthenic ability and that black driver suit totally works on him.

7. Mark Wahlberg
as in The Italian Job and The Departed.
His model girlfriend may not be able to say a lot, but one thing she can always say..."My boyfriend can kick your boyfriends ass."

8. Colin Farrell
as in SWAT and The Recruit.
He's just so bad ass. And he's Irish.

9. Michael Vartan
as in Alias and Never Been Kissed.
What is it with the CIA guys? On Alias, he was stern but sensitive. And bonus! He's French.

10. Bruce Willis
as in Die Hard.
"Yippee Ki-ay, mother *#%^@!"
So yeah, he's older. I like to think of it as experienced. Who cares? That smart ass grin is steamy.


24 Comments:

Blogger Lyra said...

Mandy,
I just sat down on the couch with the laptop after a long day of cleaning and packing and then unpacking. Oh my gosh, I needed that! You are hilarious! Now I think I'll have a glass of wine and finish watching "Friends With Money". I'll keep a watch out for a hot guy to add to your list. Love you!

12:35 AM  
Blogger jared said...

you forgot jack bauer. i know he is fictional, but maybe thats why he is the perfect man!!!

1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Lyra tell you about my Bruce Willis dream a few weeks ago? It was whack.

Anyway, as usual, I get you, especially since I left the Bourne movie all silly too.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy -- we are the same girl on so many levels, but I have to say... I am one of the few galls out there who is not a Brad Pitt fan. I know... crazy but true!

I have to agree with Colin Firth though. He is a personal fave --but I would replace Pitt with Gerard Butler! OH my!! Even as the Phantom he was amazingly hot.

Then there is the so dreamy Clive Owen -- Children of Men! WOW!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am fairly certain that an accent of some type is a prerequisite to hotness for me -- Irish, British, Southern, you name it -- as long as it is NOT Boston Rob from Survivor!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Mandy,
You are hilarious!!! This is great! I have to agree with Jared you better put Jack Bauer, up on that list and hello? Where is Joaquin Phoenix ? I mean he is totally cute! Colin Firth is my favorite!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I really should've focused more on the characters than the actors themselves. Because, really...Jack Bauer would have been at the top of the list. (Second only to Michael Vaughn from Alias.)

Ahhh. So many hot people. So little time.

I think I'm gonna make a list of hot chics next. I will entitle it- "If I were a lesbian..."

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll say it...Jennifer Garner.

Love her!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Ah, Nikki. Yes, we indeed think alike.
Jennifer Garner is definitely on the top of my "If I were a lesbian..." list.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can go there... yes, Jennifer Garner. She is probably perfect -- beautiful but still looks like someone you might meet on the street and be friends with. Not big, fake and blondy, then next day red, then next day brown...

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to "the lloyd's five" -- I adore Joaquin Phoenix!!!

Also, but not in movies -- Rob Thomas. There is something about both of them when they have those greek statue curls in their hair!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Yay!
Chris,
I like Rob Thomas too! I am glad to share these crushes with you!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy,
As eye candy, these men are evidence of God's amazing artistic ability, but for the man I want to be with, I want better. The very best men are those with a generous heart, a sense of humor, and true depth of character. That kind of hot lasts forever. And is quite delicious.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

You're so right Jenny.
THAT kind of hot is hard to come by.
Damn near impossible.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe because I'm not in the market , I can see a lot of these eternally hot guys out there. I think they are often overlooked in favor of some flashier models, but they are there nonetheless, probably behind the scenes, out of the spotlight, serving instead of seeking their own way. Be still, and keep your eyes open.

I imagine the girls in Nazareth overlooked Jesus quite a bit, but I bet He fit the profile! Maybe some wise girl did have a crush on Him. If so, I'm sure He was kind to her.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot. I think my last post sounded patronizing- not my intent at all. I hate it when i am a dumba**. Forgive me?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Oh Jenny! I get you. I know you well enough to know your heart was in the right place.
and I love you for it!

Either way, you are right. There are wonderful men out there. Amazing followers of Christ. It just gets hard sometimes waiting for one to pick you.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you come back next will you take me to Sephora?

9:59 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Paul Newman.

Beth, Joaquin Phoenix? Yuck!

Mandy, sorry for butting in..I know you don't know me!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

April- Even though there are cheap dollar internet alternatives, you must still experience the sheer wonder that is Sephora. I'll be there in 4 weeks!

Karen- So glad you stopped by!

I find it funny that the blog about hot guys gets the most feedback :)

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are a simple people, Mandy.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Mandy, I waiting for you to do a new post girl!!! I enjoy them soo much! I am looking forward to your visit soon. Yay!

1:42 PM  
Blogger IlliniSteph said...

Mandy,
Your blog is absolutely beautiful. I love how you have the confidence in yourself to put yourself out there like that. You're a wonderful person and your class was not only full of knowledge but also full of fun. You're beautiful.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH this was hilarious. Sorry I'm a yearish late, but so funny. I'd have a different list but some of the same sentiments :)

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home