<Photobucket

Monday, October 08, 2007

Another Reason to Love the Sabbath

Myspace Graphics - Chicago Bears

I love Sundays.

I love sleeping in (somewhat.) I love going to church. I love Sunday lunch and everything the Sabbath is supposed to be. Rest and gratitude and the newness that is to come tomorrow.

I especially love Sundays in the fall.

One word. FOOTBALL

Two words. CHICAGO BEARS

I freakin love it. I am utterly enthralled. I started watching football last year (because of a guy, of course) and of course, the guy didn't stick, but the Bears did. (Hey, It's more than I got from most of my doomed relationships.)

I tried to be a Panthers fan, but honestly, for some reason, it's not as fun as being a Bears fan. I watch Panthers' games. I cheer for them and am glad when they win. But it's NOTHING like the passion I feel for the Bears. They both had victories today. I said an unenthusiastic "yes" when Kasay made the game-winning field goal for the Panthers.
You should've heard the screams and seen the couch-jumping antics I displayed in the living room tonight when the Bears won. I was completely engaged and you would've thought I mean with a 2 carat diamond.

Anyway, if Sundays have lost their luster, go to church. Then go home and watch a football game.

Myspace Graphics - Chicago Bears

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the exact same way. We got free tickets to the RAMS game yesterday and thought, "hey, we'd never pay for it ourselves, what the heck?" Sad we lost. Honestly though, we were pulling for Green Bay last night.....do you hate me now?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

April! I didn't know you liked football. Of course, I don't hate you...the opposing fans are half the fun! Hope you had fun yesterday. See you in a few weeks

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy! I miss you! I can't wait to see you again. I think I'll kidnap you again for some more shopping. Sephora is calling our names, yes?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Nikki! I miss you too!
Sephora RELENTLESSLY calls my name. I'll be there in 2 weeks. Maybe walking around the mall is good physical therapy for your back. Hmmm.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Mandy,
I am here!! I have been reading your posts!! They are all great! I am enjoying them very much! Football is good, Baseball DEVINE!!! love ya!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Thanks Beth!
I keep up with your posts too! I'm looking forward to seeing you again soon!

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home