<Photobucket

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thankfully, I'm At Work...

So I have time to blog.

I was tagged twice in a day. That's a record. Honestly, I didn't think my readership was that high.
Nikki and VeryBadCat always keep me entertained. Check them out.

If you're new to this blog thing, peeps, It's like the internet playground. All fun and games for grown-ups but instead of jumping off swings, we say things to seem all smart and ultra-cool. Of which, I admit, I play along. And, just like the playground, when someone tags you, you're it...and you repeat the
meme on your own blog. Click on the word for the Wikipedia link.
(See what I did right there? Mention Wikipedia? And that's how you look smart AND super-cool.)

Anyway, this particular blog is supposed to be six random/quirky things about you, but since everything in my life seems so serious and BIG right now, I may join Nikki in the deep end of the pool. Oh and since I was tagged twice, I guess I'll write 12.

1. My Brother, Mitch, is the love of my life. He's 35 and lives in Atlanta. He is genuinely the sweetest, most tender-hearted guy I know. Even though we liked to have killed each other growing up, we joke now about living together because we never get tired of each other.

2. The guy I loved, and thought I would marry, married someone else almost a year ago to the day.

3. Tomorrow, I am giving my dog, Sadie, to a family who is adopting her. I have cried more over this than over #2.

4. I am prone to crying. Music, movies, books, even commercials occasionally. This is why I avoid going to epic or dramatic movies with people I don't know well. What am I talking about? I cried at Juno. Pathetic.

5. I bet people think I say funny or smart-ass stuff to get attention. And the thing is...I try NOT to say funny and smart-ass stuff all the time so people will think I'm not an attention seeker. But it's really not about the attention. I just think stuff is funny. And I laugh at it in my head. And I share what's in my head.

6. I have this thing, with my Mom, that started when I was in college...When we're saying goodbye, she says "I love you" and I say "I love you more" and she says "I love you the mostest." We've repeated that an average of twice a day for 15 years and I'm not tired of it yet.

7. My OCD is fun. It makes me eat tic-tacs in even numbers and separate my M&M's by color. Also, I must MUST have the volume or any numbered control on a 5. (ex. 25, 30, 55, etc)

8. Previous roommates have referred to me as the "Queen of Immodesty." If you ever live with me, you'd learn. I just like being naked.

9. I met a guy over the phone almost 2 years ago through work. His name is Brent, but I call him "Illinois." I have never met him in person and probably never will, but I communicate with him so much, it tricks me into thinking we are closer than we actually are. The truth is, I want to meet and he doesn't. That bothers me.Who wouldn't want to meet me?!

.
10. Speaking of, overall, I communicate with more men than women. Professionally and personally. This has been the case since college and I don't know why. I think it's partly because my girl friends all got married and had kids and don't mingle as much with single girls. The guys got hitched and got kids too but oddly, they are somewhat more loyal to me.

11. My greatest fear is growing old alone and my life turning out to be insignificant. But I am not afraid to die. And actually, if I died anytime soon, I would want to be buried in my favorite boot cut jeans, my turquoise and silver t-strap high heels and this sexy halter top I have. Also, let me go meet Jesus in my favorite earrings.

12. I don't know where I got my self-image, but I honestly, in my heart, believe I'm beautiful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyra said...

I love you, Mandy!!!! You're so awesome!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are beautiful mandy!!!

-rachel job

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home