<Photobucket

Saturday, March 08, 2008

I No Longer Want to Drive Off a Cliff

Since my last post, I got a few emails asking if I was gonna off myself so I figured I should write an updated blog and tell the internet I am not suicidal.

March is flying by. So hmmm...what's going on with me...

* I have been spending a ton of time in Kansas City. KC is cool but I would actually like to spend enough time in the STL to hang pictures on my flippin walls. And unpack some of those lingering boxes.

* I bought a new coat from Lands End! It's super snazzy and I could totally go skiing or at least make some cool snow angels in it. But as irony would have it, while I was in Kansas the other day, it snowed over a foot in St. Louis and I missed it! Bummer.

* I have found that spending time in the hotel is not so bad since I have discovered www.watchtvsitcoms.com. Free movies and tv shows. Suh-weet.

* This past week, I have been hanging out with a trainer I am co-teaching with. He is the coolest guy ever. He is Serbian, speaks 5 languages, lives in Chicago and loves the Bears. He hugs me and we speak Russian in class, all stealth like. If I were the type of girl who says "I heart" things, I would say "I heart him."

* Chocolate pudding guy is married, so for all of you who urged me to hook up with him...not gonna happen.

* In other news, I broke a nail yesterday.

And that is the extent of what is going on with me.
I love you, dear internet. You're always there for me. You fill my days with Family Guy episodes and cool photographer blogs. I heart you too.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing how this works. I was updating our family blog from 8 months ago when I accidentally clicked on St. Louis. Your pic was next in line so checked it out.

It is good to hear that you no longer want to drive off a cliff. Hey listen.

I know, more religious stuff.
God does love you, no matter what. That is the cool thing about John 3:16 - he loved the whole world enough to send His son to take away our sin and grant us a great life eternally in heaven, despite all the junk and crap that we have to go through here.

I too left a great job and moved my entire family to St. Louis to go in debt (Master of Divinity Degree at Concordia Seminary in Clayton) and then be moved to another location for a year and finally wait for a call to yet another location.

My son has moved three times in 6 years and now looks at moving into his fourth place this next summer. If it wasn't for God, we would have fallen apart.

God bless your endeavors, your work, your relationships, you.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know. I wasn't worried. I get the whole emotional crisis thing. :)

It sounds like you're starting to settle in, and that things are looking up a little. yay!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Lloyd said...

Mandy, I (heart) you! I totally own that! :) Let me know if you would like help hanging pics, and some toddlers, to help you unpack! Just give me a shout! (smiley face)
Love, Beth

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG--you're alive! Remember Mandy, if we don't see you in blogland, we do start to worry! Not me though. Lyra kept me updated.

So, hopefully one of these days I'll see you again. I hope you can visit my blog soon--the comments are lonely without you. And there was a cool "Friends" reference by Holly about me being bendy like Phoebe and I was really wishing you would chime in.

Today's post is about movies--I hope you like it! You rule with the movies.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Glad you aren't driving off any cliffs. I was wondering what you were up to when I updated my google reader and wondered what had become of you!

So get back in the swing of blogging with some random trivia in the form of a meme? You've been tagged! :)

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Cosby has been married for years!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home